Chicken Parmigiana Cheat is an easy slap together meal for busy nights or when just don't feel like cooking. (You know, like every day!)
What you need:
- Chicken (I get the bag of chicken breasts from Costco)
- Francesco Rinaldi sauce (your choice of flavors)
- Can of chopped tomatoes (gives it some extra texture and a good fake)
- Provolone cheese slices
- Cheddar cheese shredded (get the bag of shredded to save time-I keep a bag in the freezer for just such emergencies)
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Lay out chicken
- Put in oven for about a half hour. 400 degrees.
- Set the timer.
Have some wine while you relax on the couch and watch that episode of Judge Judy recorded today. That's about a half hour so it's a good way to time the chicken.
Timer goes off.
Put on a pot of water to boil for pasta.
Pull chicken out of oven and drain any moisture. Use one of those measuring spoons to scoop out the oily stuff and discard.
|Easy Chicken Parmigiana|
- Mix Francesco Rinaldi sauce with the chopped tomatoes and spread over chicken.
- Layer on the Provolone and sprinkle cheddar cheese shreds on top.
- Put back in oven to melt cheese.
- Boil pasta.